In a recent interview on @freshfmibadan, the Special Adviser to Governor Seyi Makinde on Security Matters, retired CP Fatai Owoseni, provided updates on the explosion that shook the city of Ibadan. The incident, which occurred around Dejo Oyelese Close, Off Adeyi Avenue, Old Bodija, has left many residents in shock and confusion.
According to @arojinle1, who conducted the interview, several key points were highlighted:
1. The nature of the explosion is yet to be authoritatively determined, leaving many speculating about its cause.
2. The impact of the explosion is felt within a 500m radius, indicating the intensity of the blast.
3. Security operatives and rescue workers are currently at the site, urging residents to avoid the area to allow for unimpeded rescue efforts.
4. Oyo State Governor has directed hospitals to admit and attend to anyone brought in from the explosion site promptly.
5. Residents in the affected areas are advised to vacate their homes as a precaution against any potential secondary explosions.
6. Hotels in the vicinity are instructed to accommodate individuals from the explosion site, with assurances from the state government that they will settle the expenses.
All hotels are to allow people who come in from the explosion site and around it. The state government will settle them.