Insecurity: 2 Company Staff, One Other Kidnapped as Gunmen Strike Again on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway

Lagos-Ibadan Expressway is gradually becoming unsafe for commuters as some gunmen reportedly struck again on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, barely eight days after four persons were kidnapped on the road, during which a driver was killed and one shot in the leg, at Onigari axis.

On Saturday, three persons fell victim of the bandits whom, according to eye-witnesses were dressed in military uniforms around Ishara-Remo axis in Ogun State jurisdiction.

It was gathered that the bandits, numbering up to ten, emerged from a bush along the road dressed in military uniform and started shooting sporadically as usual, directing the shots at vehicles and their occupants.

Also Read:  Oyo Police Debunks Viral Boko Haram Invasion Video, Says Clip Recirculated

Recall that Oyoaffairs.net had earlier reported how a popular Yoruba actress, Bimpe Akintunde and her daughter narrowly escaped being kidnapped.

A source also told the Nigerian Tribune that a man also escaped from the grips of the kidnappers after being caught at first.

Unfortunately, two staff members of a company, Nigerian Council of Registered Insurance Brokers (NCRIB), who went to attend a ceremony and were returning home fell victims of the gunmen as one of the three vehicles conveying them broke down and the other two vehicles waited for the one that broke down.

Also Read:  JUST IN: Buhari Names Ibadan Train Stations After Awolowo, Akintola

Another person, who has not been identified was also kidnapped during the attack.

Meanwhile, the Executive Secretary of Nigerian Council of Registered Insurance Brokers (NCRIB), Tope Adaramola, who confirmed the incident to newsmen, said the victims were abducted while in the process of fixing the car.

He also disclosed sadly, that the kidnappers had contacted the management demanding N20 million each for the victims to regain freedom.

Also Read:  Makinde Flags-off Southwest Zone President’s Inter-Secondary School Debate in Ibadan

Adaramola informed that the kidnappers used the mobile phone of one of the victims to demand the ransom, adding that the management had equally reported the incident at the Divisional Police Headquarters in Isara as well as Ogun State Police Headquarters.

Confirming the incident when contacted, Abimbola Oyeyemi, the police spokesperson in Ogun State assured that the Special Anti-Kidnapping Unit of the stste was already tracking the kidnappers and making efforts to rescue the victims unhurt.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related Articles

Don't Miss

Categories

Insecurity: 2 Company Staff, One Other Kidnapped as Gunmen Strike Again on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway

Lagos-Ibadan Expressway is gradually becoming unsafe for commuters as some gunmen reportedly struck again on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, barely eight days after four persons were kidnapped on the road, during which a driver was killed and one shot in the leg, at Onigari axis.

On Saturday, three persons fell victim of the bandits whom, according to eye-witnesses were dressed in military uniforms around Ishara-Remo axis in Ogun State jurisdiction.

It was gathered that the bandits, numbering up to ten, emerged from a bush along the road dressed in military uniform and started shooting sporadically as usual, directing the shots at vehicles and their occupants.

Also Read:  Oyo Police Recover Stolen Vehicle in Gombe, Apprehend Suspect

Recall that Oyoaffairs.net had earlier reported how a popular Yoruba actress, Bimpe Akintunde and her daughter narrowly escaped being kidnapped.

A source also told the Nigerian Tribune that a man also escaped from the grips of the kidnappers after being caught at first.

Unfortunately, two staff members of a company, Nigerian Council of Registered Insurance Brokers (NCRIB), who went to attend a ceremony and were returning home fell victims of the gunmen as one of the three vehicles conveying them broke down and the other two vehicles waited for the one that broke down.

Also Read:  Oyo Police Arrest 52-Year-Old Man for Murdering 22-Year-Old Lover

Another person, who has not been identified was also kidnapped during the attack.

Meanwhile, the Executive Secretary of Nigerian Council of Registered Insurance Brokers (NCRIB), Tope Adaramola, who confirmed the incident to newsmen, said the victims were abducted while in the process of fixing the car.

He also disclosed sadly, that the kidnappers had contacted the management demanding N20 million each for the victims to regain freedom.

Also Read:  Alaafin Stool: Four Kingmakers Dissociate From Selection of 10 Shortlisted Aspirants, Refuse to Acknowledge Decision

Adaramola informed that the kidnappers used the mobile phone of one of the victims to demand the ransom, adding that the management had equally reported the incident at the Divisional Police Headquarters in Isara as well as Ogun State Police Headquarters.

Confirming the incident when contacted, Abimbola Oyeyemi, the police spokesperson in Ogun State assured that the Special Anti-Kidnapping Unit of the stste was already tracking the kidnappers and making efforts to rescue the victims unhurt.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

spot_imgspot_img
spot_img

Don't Miss

Categories

Related Articles