Nigerian Chef, Temitope Adebayo, better known as Tope Maggie has broken the Guinness World Record for the longest cooking marathon by an individual, surpassing Irish Chef, Alan Fisher’s 119-hour and 57-minute record.
Chef Maggie completed a 200-hour cook-a-thon which ended in the early hours of Saturday, November 18. It was held at Ogbomoso Recreation Club, opposite LAUTECH College of Health Sciences, Isale-General, Ogbomoso, Oyo State.
Tope currently awaits the confirmation of his record by the Guinness World Records as congratulations and celebration over his feat reign on.
Things You Didn’t Know About Ogbomoso-born Chef Tope Maggie
- Tope Maggie was born and raised by a prominent Chef in Ogbomoso, popularly known as Mama Maggie, coined from her name Mama Margaret.
- He grew up learning culinary skills from his mother and grew up to love the food business.
- Tope Maggie is very popular outside Oyo state, he has cooked for different dignitaries including the governor of Oyo State, Engr. Seyi Makinde.
- He attended the Federal Polytechnic Ede, Osun State, where he studied Hotel and Hospitality Management. He has worked with different hotels and currently runs a chain of restaurants in Ogbomoso called ‘Tope Maggie’s Kitchen’.
- On 19th of May 2023, Tope Maggie announced his decision to embark on 140hrs Cook-A-Thon by November in Ibadan, Oyo State. He applied to the Guinness World Records and got approved on 15th June, 2023.
- On Second of October, Tope Maggie did a 24hrs Cook-A-Thon, a test run requested by Guinness World Records
- It’s all over the news that Tope Maggie is seeking to outdo an Irish chef, Alan Fisher, who owns a restaurant in Japan and currently the Guinness World Records holder in longer cooking hours.
- On Thursday 9th of November 2023, Tope Maggie started a 200hrs Cook-a-thon (about 8 days) in Ogbomoso Recreation Club, opposite LAUTECH College of Health Sciences, Isale-General, Ogbomoso, Oyo State.
- He started cooking on Thursday, 9 November 2023, at 6:31 p.m. and ended earlier today, Saturday, 18 November 2023, at 2.31 a.m.
- Chef Tope Maggie is married with children.