Oyo state teachers congress said it is joining the nationwide strike in strict compliance with the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) and Trade Union Congress (TUC) directives to workers, unions and public to:
In a statement made available to media on Sunday, Oyo State Teachers, (The Union of Teachers of Public Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Institution of Oyo State) said it is conforming with the total and indefinite Strike action commencing from tomorrow Monday 28/9/2020
The statement below:
In strict compliance with the NLC/TUC directives to workers, unions and public to:
- Commence a total and indefinite Strike action commencing from tomorrow Monday 28/9/2020
- Participate in daily peaceful street protest between 8:00am and 2:00pm commencing from Monday 28/9/2020.
Arising from a virtual emergency meeting of the Central Administrators Council CAdC of the OYO STATE TEACHERS CONGRESS haven considered all directives, we hereby direct as follows:
- All Teachers of public primary, secondary and Tertiary Institutions in Oyo State to proceed on an indefinite strike action in this respect.
- Following the foregoing, all Teachers at all levels and all zone are to comply accordingly.
- All Teachers at all levels in Ibadan are enjoined to join the daily street protest by assembling at the NLC Secretariat in Ibadan by 8:00am daily, commencing from Monday 28/9/2020.
- In the event of possible arrest kindly call our lawyers for bail and legal solidarity:
a. Lawyer Wale Adeoye 0807 648 0000
b. Lawyer Ola Adeosun +234 708 479 3253
c. Lawyer Mohammed Sodipe +234 703 232 2636
Thank you all and God bless.
Long live OYO STATE TEACHERS CONGRESS
Long live OYO STATE
- Dr. Mrs Seyi Adeoye
- Mrs Medupin Opeyemi
- Mr. Ojo Arimiyau
- Com. Tunde Adeyemi
Rev. Bunmi Thomas
Oyo State Teachers Congress