Ibadan Collapsed Building: No Death, No Trapped Persons

It has been confirmed that no life was lost, no one sustained any injury, and nobody was trapped in the collapsed building at Sango Police Barracks, Sango Ibadan, on Saturday.

OyoAffairs.net had earlier reported that part of the structures inside the Sango Police Barracks on Saturday evening collapsed, causing fear and panic of people trapped under the rubble.

The Southwest Zonal Director of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), Mr. Akiode Akande, confirmed the development on Sunday Morning.

Also Read:  Oyo APM Unveils Muftau Open Salawu As Deputy Gov Candidate

According to Akiode, the building, which is one of the oldest abandoned structures within the barracks, had shown signs of collapse as it had cracked in many areas.

He said before the part of the building eventually went down, the occupants had evacuated themselves and, as such, helped to forestall what would have been a disaster. He said the part that collapsed was used as a kitchen and not occupied as residential.

Also Read:  First Class Graduate of University of Ibadan Beaten to Death for Stealing Bread

However, the NEMA boss said the rescue effort was able to recover three vehicles and two motorcycles that were completely damaged from under the rubble.

He said about four generating sets were still trapped under the rubble of the collapsed Block 11 of the Police Barracks.

He pointed out that the Agency ensured that none of the about 168 occupants of the entire building passed the night in the Barracks due to the collapsed part.

Also Read:  June 12: FG Declares Monday as Public Holiday to Mark Democracy Day Celebration

He added that the entire building stretch in the Barracks shows obvious weakness and might need to be subjected to an integrity test to avoid further disaster.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related Articles

Don't Miss

Categories

Ibadan Collapsed Building: No Death, No Trapped Persons

It has been confirmed that no life was lost, no one sustained any injury, and nobody was trapped in the collapsed building at Sango Police Barracks, Sango Ibadan, on Saturday.

OyoAffairs.net had earlier reported that part of the structures inside the Sango Police Barracks on Saturday evening collapsed, causing fear and panic of people trapped under the rubble.

The Southwest Zonal Director of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), Mr. Akiode Akande, confirmed the development on Sunday Morning.

Also Read:  Accord Party Declares Readiness to Compete Against PDP Candidates in 2024 Oyo LG Poll

According to Akiode, the building, which is one of the oldest abandoned structures within the barracks, had shown signs of collapse as it had cracked in many areas.

He said before the part of the building eventually went down, the occupants had evacuated themselves and, as such, helped to forestall what would have been a disaster. He said the part that collapsed was used as a kitchen and not occupied as residential.

Also Read:  First Class Graduate of University of Ibadan Beaten to Death for Stealing Bread

However, the NEMA boss said the rescue effort was able to recover three vehicles and two motorcycles that were completely damaged from under the rubble.

He said about four generating sets were still trapped under the rubble of the collapsed Block 11 of the Police Barracks.

He pointed out that the Agency ensured that none of the about 168 occupants of the entire building passed the night in the Barracks due to the collapsed part.

Also Read:  AfCFTA'll Unlock Prosperity, Boost Oyo's Economy- AfCFTA Secretary-General, Oyo Acting Gov say

He added that the entire building stretch in the Barracks shows obvious weakness and might need to be subjected to an integrity test to avoid further disaster.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

spot_imgspot_img
spot_img

Don't Miss

Categories

Related Articles