Ibadan Man Arraigned for Allegedly Assaulting Secondary School Pupil

An Ibadan resident, Johnson Adebayo was on Tuesday arraigned before an Iyaganku Magistrates’ Court, Ibadan, for allegedly assaulting a secondary school pupil, Samad Azeez.

Mr Adebayo though unemployed resides at Oke-Ado area of Ibadan, and he is facing a one-count charge of assault.

Meanwhile, he has pleaded not guilty to the charge.

Also Read:  Timothy Adegoke: Court Adjourns Hearing Till March 25 as Defendants Enter No-case Submission

The Magistrate, Munirat Giwa-Babalola, granted the defendant bail in the sum of N500,000 with one surety in like sum. She adjourned the matter till July 22, for further hearing.

Meanwhile, the Prosecution Counsel, Olufemi Omilana had earlier told the court that Mr Adebayo assaulted the secondary school pupil while on his way from school.

Also Read:  "Go Back To Akala” — APC National Rejects Oke’s Excos List

The offence, according to Mr Omilani, was committed on May 25, at about 3:00 p.m., at Ajanla area of Oke-Ado, Ibadan.

The prosecutor said that the defendant allegedly struck the victim’s forehead with a cutlass, inflicting on him a deep injury.

According to the magistrate, the offence, he said, contravened Section 355 of the Criminal Code Laws of Oyo State 2000. If found guilty, the man is liable to three years imprisonment.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related Articles

Don't Miss

Categories

Ibadan Man Arraigned for Allegedly Assaulting Secondary School Pupil

An Ibadan resident, Johnson Adebayo was on Tuesday arraigned before an Iyaganku Magistrates’ Court, Ibadan, for allegedly assaulting a secondary school pupil, Samad Azeez.

Mr Adebayo though unemployed resides at Oke-Ado area of Ibadan, and he is facing a one-count charge of assault.

Meanwhile, he has pleaded not guilty to the charge.

Also Read:  Civil, Public Servants Resume Work in Oyo

The Magistrate, Munirat Giwa-Babalola, granted the defendant bail in the sum of N500,000 with one surety in like sum. She adjourned the matter till July 22, for further hearing.

Meanwhile, the Prosecution Counsel, Olufemi Omilana had earlier told the court that Mr Adebayo assaulted the secondary school pupil while on his way from school.

Also Read:  Oyo 2027: From Loans to Legacy: AKK Proposes Credit Culture Revolution in Oyo State

The offence, according to Mr Omilani, was committed on May 25, at about 3:00 p.m., at Ajanla area of Oke-Ado, Ibadan.

The prosecutor said that the defendant allegedly struck the victim’s forehead with a cutlass, inflicting on him a deep injury.

According to the magistrate, the offence, he said, contravened Section 355 of the Criminal Code Laws of Oyo State 2000. If found guilty, the man is liable to three years imprisonment.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

spot_imgspot_img
spot_img

Don't Miss

Categories

Related Articles