… donates motorcycles, walkie-talkie, metal cabinet, security dogs, others to security operatives
As part of measures to secure the lives and property of residents of Oluyole Local Government, the Executive Chairman of the council, Hon Popoola Olaide Settle, on Thursday, laid a solid foundation for security architecture in the council.
The council boss, in view of the above, donated 12 new motorcycles, four walkie-talkies, two security dogs, a metal cabinet for the operatives of the DSS.
Also, two patrol vehicles were refurbished for this purpose and handed over to the Police at Idi Ayunre Station and Toll-Gate division respectively, while stationeries were provided for all the security outfits involved.
According to Hon Settle, the newly launched ‘Oluyole Security Surveillance Team (OSST)’ is geared towards assisting officers and operatives of the State Security Service, Police, Nigerian Civil Defense Corps, Amotekun and other local security agencies.
During the launch of the Security architecture, the chairman highlighted the core mandates of the new security architecture to include the following:
• Useful intelligence gathering through prompt, verifiable security information.
• Collaborative support to the Police, DSS, Civil Defense and all other federal security agencies.
• Patrol all the nooks and crannies of Oluyole local government to keep it secure from internal and external attacks.
• Identify and map out strategies to curtail the excesses of youths who engage in all forms of social vices such as smoking and consumption of prohibited hard drugs in public places such as cannabis, Indian hemp and all other hard drugs which stimulate their excessive illegal and harmful actions to the public.
• Provide other useful supports towards physical, personal, document, food and environmental security.
He, however, urged the security agencies involved to seamlessly collaborate, to ensure a safe environment for the residents of the state.