The government of Osun State has announced the renaming Of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, LAUTECH, Teaching Hospital in Osogbo.
This comes as the Osun State Governor, Gboyega Oyetola also announced that the teaching hospital of the institution is now under the control of the Osun State University.
The government made this position known in a statement signed on behalf of the state’s LAUTECH committee by Mr. Folorunso Oladoyin Bamisayemi
The statement read:
“Sequel to the separation of joint ownership between Oyo State and the State of Osun on the ownership of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology ( LAUTECH) Ogbomoso, the Government of the State of Osun wishes to maintain and make known the underlisted positions to the members of the public:
- Osun State University has been directed to take over the College of Health Sciences and the former LAUTECH Teaching Hospital in Osogbo.
This new development will compliment the MAIN Teaching Hospital that is under construction and donated by Mr & Mrs Modupe and Folorunso Alakija
- The Government of the State of Osun has approved the renaming of former LAUTECH Teaching Hospital as UNIOSUN Teaching Hospital (UNIOSUNTH), Osogbo with immediate effect.
- All Consultants and other staff of the College of Health Sciences as well as the Teaching Hospital in Osogbo are assured of job security under the new arrangement as nobody will suffer loss of job or income as a result of the separation of ownership.
- The Government wishes to advise Staff and Students of Osun extraction in Ogbomoso campus of LAUTECH to please remain there in Ogbomoso as their interests have been well protected by the MoU signed by the two Governors and there is no reason for any staff to panic as their rights, privileges and duties will be dictated by the terms of their contract of employment
- Government of the State of Osun has no reason to doubt the commitment and integrity of her counterpart in Oyo State as regards the faithful implementation of the MOU on job security and protection of students rights.
Hence, there is no need for any panic induced request for mass transfer of workers of Osun extraction from Ogbomoso to Osun.”