Infamous Fulani overlord, Iskilu Wakili fingered as the brain behind the many kidnap and abduction saga which has rocked the Ibarapa zone of Oyo state has denied involvement in such crimes, requesting his accusers to make public their claims with evidences against his person.
Speaking in an interview with men of the press at the State Criminal Investigation Department at Iyaganku, Ibadan, Wakili said he was never a part of any crime during his stay in the zone for over 20 years.
He also revealed that two of his children were kidnapped in 2020, and that he had to pay huge amount of money running into millions to secure their release.
Wakili said he was at home on Sunday when he heard women among his household members shouting that some ‘Amotekun’ (OPC) members were approaching his camp and were armed.
“I told them to run for their lives, but I stayed back, lying down because I was sick and unable to run,” Wakili stated.
He said further that two men dragged him out of his hut naked and took him to Igboora police station in their vehicle.
He said: “I fainted severally before we got there. From the police station, we were moved to the State Criminal Investigation Department, Iyaganku, Ibadan.
“I later learnt that my house had been razed and my son’s wife, called Kande, was shot. She’s lying in the mortuary now.”
Additionally, he said the allegation of him being a kidnap kingpin is but a lie, Wakili said he never knew anything about the crime.
He added that he should be taken to the whole of Ibarapa zone to have his records checked, saying that he had never been involved in any criminal matter.
However, Wakili admitted to having cows that strayed into farms but said he had never been taken to the police station or got involved in kidnapping.