The Oyo State Transport Management Authority (OYRTMA), has issued a traffic advisory ahead of the coronation of Olubadan-designate, Senator Lekan Balogun which is billed to hold tomorrow at the ancient Mapo Hall, Ibadan.
The Executive Chairman of OYRTMA, Dr. Akin Fagbemi issued the advisory on Thursday announcing routes that will be affected.
The statement reads: “This is to inform the general public of traffic diversions at the under-listed routes leading to the ancient Mapo Hall, Ibadan occasioned by the official installation of the 42nd Paramount Ruler and King of Ibadanland, His Imperial Majesty, Oba (Sen.) Lekan Balogun on Friday 11th March 2022.
“The routes which shall be shut by 12:00am of Thursday 10th March 2022 and reopened 12:00pm on Saturday 12th March 2022 include:
- Beere Junction inward Mapo Hall
- Born Photo Junction inwards Oja’ba
- Idi-Arere Junction inwards Oja’ba
- Itamerin Junction inwards Mapo Hall.
“While OYRTMA men and officers in conjunction with other sister security agencies have been adequately mobilised to direct the flow of traffic and ensure the safety of road users, the authority has however provided the following alternative routes to vehicles intending to ply the barricaded regions;
- Alternative route to the barricade at Beere Junction are Oranyan route, Beere-Oke Dada Route and Agben- Ogunpa route.
- Alternative route to barricade at Born-Photos are Gege route inward Oke-Ado and Idi-Arere Route inward Molete.
- Alternative route to the Idi-Arere blockade are Agbongbon-Kobomoje-Eleta-Oranyan routes.
- Alternative route to the Itamerin barricade are Beere-Oje route, Agbeni-Okunpa route
OYRTMA therefore apologised for the inconveniences the temporary road diversions might cause motorists and commuters around the affected routes.
It also enjoined all to adhere strictly to the provisions as communicated and cooperate with them, to ensure a rancor-free ceremony.