In a bid to calm the nerves of his fans, Ibadan-born content creator, Ayo Ajewole popularly known as Woli Agba, has revealed that he did not collect any money from his visit to the presidential villa.
He further apologised for his earlier comment where he rudely asked why social media users reasoned like “programmed robots”.
Ajewole reiterated that the visit was an opportunity to present the grievances of the youths especially on matters bordering on police brutality, Twitter ban amongst others as against the allegation of some Nigerians that they were there to serve their ‘selfish’ interests and not that of the public.
In his Facebook post tagged, “Direct Answers to Ongoing issues”, Wooli Agba stated below:
- I did not collect a dime on this trip.
- The motive behind my visit to the villa has nothing to do with an envelope and none was received by me.
- Though the reason for our visit to the villa was for NSIA, yet we seized the opportunity to first present the grievances of we, the youth- police brutality, Twitter ban among others, while we hope for a positive change from the government.
- The clause “programmed robot” in one of my comments was a misconception and I sincerely apologise for that.
- I am a youth and a member of the #Sorosokegeneration and I am unwilling to be manipulated against what we all stand for.
- I preach good values, morals, respect and integrity (evident in my works).
Meanwhile on Wednesday, skit makers including Woli Agba, Taaooma, Josh2funny, Yemi Elesho and Mr Hyenana among others, visited Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo at the presidential villa, Abuja and this sparked diverse reactions from Nigerians on social media.
Similarly, Instagram comedian, Taaooma in a lengthy post, has also apologised for her comment regarding her lastest visit to Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, explaining that her gadgets were temporarily taken from her and other comedians who visited the vice president, thereby, preventing her from recording her conversation with the vice president.
The delegation, which came under the aegis of the Nigeria Skits Industry Awards (NSIA), was led by its promoter, Bimbo Daramola.
Those on the delegation were Maryam Apaokagi popularly known as Taooma; Josh Alfred (Josh2funny); Ayo Ajewole (Woli Agba); Adebamiro Adeyanju (Mr Hyenana) and Adeoye Adeyemi Elesho (Yemi Elesho).