Makinde Confirms Terrorist Attack that Claimed Five Guards in Oyo

Oyo State Governor Seyi Makinde has confirmed that five Forest Guard Officers of the National Park Service were killed in a deadly attack by bandits on the National Park Office in Oloka Village, Orire Local Government Area.


In a statement posted on his official X (formerly Twitter) account on Wednesday, Governor Makinde described the incident as a “criminal attack by bandits” that occurred earlier on Tuesday.

He expressed profound grief over the loss, stating: “This is a devastating loss of the lives of personnel in the course of carrying out their lawful duties. May their souls rest in peace.”

Also Read:  ICPC Kicks–Off Auctioneering for FG Assets, Tracks Projects in Oyo, 19 Other States


Preliminary investigations by security agencies suggest the assault was a cross-border incursion carried out by bandits, likely originating from neighbouring regions. The attack took place around 9:00 p.m. on 6 January, catching the park personnel off guard.


Governor Makinde assured residents that security forces have restored calm in the area and deployed additional personnel to bolster protection along border communities.

Also Read:  Alaafin Gifts Daughter Brand New Car For Graduating With First Class

“The security agencies are already working together to address this incident and seek the support of residents in the area to cooperate with them in their intelligence gathering,” he said.


He further appealed for calm among residents of Oyo State, particularly those in Orire LGA and other border local government areas: “Our administration will leave no stone unturned to respond decisively to prevent a recurrence of such attacks.”

Also Read:  How welding activities Caused fire-outbreak at Dugbe Market in Ibadan

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related Articles

Don't Miss

Categories

Makinde Confirms Terrorist Attack that Claimed Five Guards in Oyo

Oyo State Governor Seyi Makinde has confirmed that five Forest Guard Officers of the National Park Service were killed in a deadly attack by bandits on the National Park Office in Oloka Village, Orire Local Government Area.


In a statement posted on his official X (formerly Twitter) account on Wednesday, Governor Makinde described the incident as a “criminal attack by bandits” that occurred earlier on Tuesday.

He expressed profound grief over the loss, stating: “This is a devastating loss of the lives of personnel in the course of carrying out their lawful duties. May their souls rest in peace.”

Also Read:  Alaafin Gifts Daughter Brand New Car For Graduating With First Class


Preliminary investigations by security agencies suggest the assault was a cross-border incursion carried out by bandits, likely originating from neighbouring regions. The attack took place around 9:00 p.m. on 6 January, catching the park personnel off guard.


Governor Makinde assured residents that security forces have restored calm in the area and deployed additional personnel to bolster protection along border communities.

Also Read:  Oyo-born Cyclist, Tawakalitu Yekeen Bags Gold Medal At Continental Championship

“The security agencies are already working together to address this incident and seek the support of residents in the area to cooperate with them in their intelligence gathering,” he said.


He further appealed for calm among residents of Oyo State, particularly those in Orire LGA and other border local government areas: “Our administration will leave no stone unturned to respond decisively to prevent a recurrence of such attacks.”

Also Read:  Insecurity: Some Traditional Rulers Satobaging Efforts of Security Operatives in Oyo State — Owoseni

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

spot_imgspot_img
spot_img

Don't Miss

Categories

Related Articles